Local Emergency Funds

Financial assistance available for immigrants, restaurants and those seeking help with housing costs

Emergency Financial Assistance for Housing

This program offers emergency financial assistance for housing costs to eligible San Mateo County residents who have difficulty paying their rent, utility bills, and other essential expenses.

Application Window:Ongoing

Residents should contact the Core Service Agency that serves their area of the County, and more information is available here:

Learn More

San Mateo County Immigrant Relief Fund

This program offers $1,000 grants to immigrant residents of San Mateo County who lost income due to the pandemic, did not receive a stimulus check, and have a household income of less than 80% of the area median income ($97,440 for an individual, more for families).

Application Window: Ongoing

Learn More

Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP)

This program helps renters who fell behind on their rent payments due to a COVID-related loss of income or COVID-related increase in expenses. Up to 80% of unpaid rent will be repaid for low-income tenants who did not pay their full rent between April 1st, 2020 and March 31st, 2021 (if landlords agree to forgive the remaining 20%). Partial rental assistance is also available for tenants whose landlords decline to participate, and eligible tenants may be able to receive help with part of their future rent bills. San Mateo County will receive approximately $47 million and both tenants and landlords will be able to apply. 

Application Window: Expected to open in March

Learn More

Restaurant, Brewery & Winery Relief Grants

This program offers grants of up to $10,000 to restaurants, breweries, and wineries located within San Mateo County.  Eligible establishments must be currently serving food or beverages, have lost income due to the pandemic, and meet other requirements. Applications will be accepted during a defined window and will not be first-come, first-served. 

Application Window:Ongoing

Learn More

Back to Top